Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sometimes Good things happen when one isn't trying...




I know that Yesterday I said I was giving up photographing hummingbirds until I had a better lens... well.. like I also said yesterday, I'm a "tad" stubborn. Today I got the best photos yet of the female hummingbird! I'm fairly pleased but I'm going to try a faster shutter speed this afternoon.. not because I want to stop the wings but because I want a good clear picture of her.. but we'll see...




The flower that I've posted is one of our flowers in the same flowerbed as my beloved day lilies. I think this flower is beautiful too but the japanese beetles and the ants seem to like it as much as I do. I have to photograph these as soon as they bloom because if I don't, the bugs will eat them.




I've been surfing the net for more daylilies to plant. So far I like Black Ambrosia really well and some others with different colors. I have no idea where I'm going to plant them but I want them anyway.
This weekend I will be at "Breyerfest" at the Kentucky Horse Park. I intend to get a lot of photos of horses this weekend! I can't wait!

1 comment:

~Jenn ODonnell Danza~ said...

OH MAN! That is a great shot Ms. Heather!
Awesome!

~Jenn