Tuesday, July 15, 2008

ok.. I give..




Normally my big stubborn butt doesn't give in very easily. Normally I'm tenacious to a fault and stubborn about banging my head against something creative until I figure it out. This time, though, I just don't have the right equipment. Today I was shooting pictures again of those beautiful hummingbirds and I had a terrific vantage point and opportunity. But my lens just isn't clear enough. I'm definitely going to have to get a Prime lens if I want to take crisp, clear pictures of birds, dragonflies and whatever else tiny I find in my viewfinder.


Canon has two 300mm IS US lenses. One with an f stop down to 2.8 and one with a f4-5.6 range. The one that goes to 2.8 is $4,000. The one with the f4-5.6 is about $1200. I'm going to have to start selling more photos if I'm ever going to have the kind of moola it takes to get those lenses! ha!

No comments: