Sunday, July 20, 2008

Breyerfest 2008





This past weekend was the weekend for Breyerfest 2008 at the Kentucky Horse Park. For those folks that don't know what that is, it is a Celebration put on by the Breyer Model Horse company of model horses, and real horses. It's also "model horse mecca" for anyone that collects model horses. I had a great time and it was good to see old friends.

I rented a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens so that I could try for some decent pictures in the Kentucky Horse Park Arena. Unfortunately the place where I rented the lens didn't hear me say that I wanted the Image Stabilization Version of the lens so I got the one without. Needless to say, that was challenging to shoot with. It'll probably take me a few days to go through all of my pictures but here are a couple that I've already "tweaked".

One is of the Celebration horse, Alborozo. Alborozo is a Grey Andalusian and is also trained in Haute Ecole. He can do the Capriole and a few other very impressive maneuvers!

The second horse (the bay)is also an Andalusian and I believe is owned by the same ranch that owns Alborozo. Unfortunately I didn't get his name.
Both looked glorious on Friday morning in the Sunlight so I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

your photos are stunning- did you get any of the Bashkir Curly demo? and are they for sale?

Abounader Photography said...

Thank you LIndsay!

I didn't get any photos of the curly guys but all of my photos from Breyerfest are for sale. My website is being screwy so all of my photos so far are on flickr. You can click here http://www.flickr.com/photos/desertnightcreations/sets/72157606301137814/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/desertnightcreations/sets/72157606297295629/

to see them and you can email me heather@abounaderphoto.com for pricing :-)

Thank yOU!