Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hummingbirds



I've heard a lot of folks say that Horses are very hard to photograph. I agree that there is a degree of difficulty in photographing them, but I'm telling you that Hummingbirds make Photographing horses look like a piece of cake!!


We have a pair of ruby throated hummingbirds that love our "black salvia" bush. We didn't know until after we bought the flowers that it was a hummingbird "Draw". Last year we only saw the hummingbirds as they flew away so we had no idea what kind they were.


This year, we're staking out the window in our laundry room which looks out over the bush. I have the 300 mm zoom lens with the Image Stabilization on the camera and it hasn't helped us capture a good image of them. Either the image is over exposed, or blurry or under exposed. It's difficult to set a camera for lighting conditions for the OTHER side of the window. This is the best we've (me) gotten so far..


I've looked up online how folks get good photos of Hummingbirds and it seems to involve several flashes and prime lenses...

No comments: