Monday, July 14, 2008

monday




I've still been trying to get some better pictures of that danged hummingbird! Actually, we have a ton of birds in our yard because we have a small patch of trees in the back yard. Everything from Herons to Bluebirds fly around.


My canon IS 70-300mm zoom is still soft at 300mm so I never get decent pictures of the birds. I got an "ok" one this morning though.. a lovely male eastern bluebird sitting on our garage roof. We have several breeding pairs of bluebirds and the males are always feuding about something! Makes for good photo ops though.. and yes, I know, I need a 300mm prime lens and canon makes a couple of nice ones (and expensive!) ;-)
We have a screened in back porch that the cats go out onto to "hunt" birds. I should spend more time just sitting out there waiting for the birds to land on the deck railing..

No comments: