Friday, July 25, 2008

Been Working Hard..



I've been trying to mentally work out how I was going to build a website where I could do ecommerce and print ordering. I've been reading some on how to customize my current website www.abounaderphoto.com but there just not enough hours in the day for me to be able to figure it all out. Because a lot of folks on the equine photographers board use www.smugmug.com, I decided to give it a try. It's only been three days but so far I like it A LOT! http://abounaderphoto.smugmug.com/ Many more images to come but I have to tweak them all first. This is going to take a few weeks so please keep checking back!


I realize now though that I'm going to have to tweak a bunch of high resolution images but I think that the intial work will be worth it in the long run. I'm so hoping that this move will help me generate some sales of my photos!!


I don't think I'll be able to photo any horses this week but that is for the best I think... I have enough images to play with for now.


Next weekend is the Shelbyville Horse Show so I'm hoping I'll be able to get a few images for my portfolio then!


I have to confess, I'm weak. I loved that Canon f2.8 lens so much that I bought one..hehehe The decision was pushed somewhat by the fact that I had to send my fast 75-300mm zoom back into canon for repair which means I'm stuck with my slower zoom now. I will definitely need a faster zoom for any of the horse shows coming up..


The above images were taken yesterday while I was playin around with my camera. There was a bird outside of the office window that was protecting it's territory and driving the kitties crazy because it was flying from one window to another. I got lucky in that it landed on a decoration I have in the landscaping out front so I snapped a photo of that sassy bird!


The other picture is of a spiderweb. While I don't care much for spiders, I think that spider webs are wonderful! This particular web was on our paperbox. I used a mirror to shine light on the web so that I could focus on it and get the picture.

No comments: