Wednesday, November 5, 2008

*YAWN*











I know, it's 8:20am est already and I should have plenty of caffiene in my system by now. I was like a lot of Americans in that I stayed up late last night to watch the final results of the Presidential Election come in. I have to say I was pleased.

Unfortunately though, when munchkin woke up at 5am (which would be 6am, his normal time to wake up according to his body clock because of the daylight savings time thing) I was under the impression it was 2am. Because of this, I changed his diaper thinking that I had hours before he needed to be awake again and we both went back to sleep.

At 7am my husband, who has to be at work at that time, rolled over and said "Babe? Did you feed the munchkin?".. and I said "No.... I guess he's still asleep". Sure enough, when I went upstairs, I had to wake him to feed him. He never sleeps this late so I guess he was tired too..

I went out in my back yard last night with one of my other zoom lenses that I don't use too often. I have been spoiled by my Canon 70-200mm IS USM f2.8 zoom because it is so big and clear. I thought surely this other zoom doesn't stink as much as I thought it did. I was wrong. It does. It's very soft (meaning it doesn't take a clear image) at 300mm. Some of the pictures look like they might be usable, and some don't. Most disappointing are the pictures of the Mallard Duck pair that has taken up residence in the creek in our back yard. The pictures are very out of focus. That lens has a tendency to "back focus" or grab something behind the subject and focus on it instead of the subject. I'll have to stake out the creek again with my good lens when boy is taking a nap today.

Today there are more pictures from the 2008 Worlds Championship Horse show. The show isn't just for Saddlebreds, it is for Roadster to Bike horses (which are usually retired racing standardbreds) and Hackney ponies. Some of the hackney ponies have docked tails and some don't. For the record, I loathe the docked tails but I'm a photographer and I photograph what I see.

I'll probably have a couple of more days of horsie photos and then I'll have to dig into my stash of landscape stuff in my back yard. I'm hoping that I'll get to Churchill Down's fall meet this week or next so if you like horse racing photos, stay tuned! :-)

2 comments:

Betty said...

Thanks for coming to my blog for a visit! Isn´t it good when the little munchkins surprise us, when they sleep in long too? I loved those moments, when mine were small!

April said...

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog today! Sorry you caught me when I was on my "soapbox". We all have days like that, I guess! Your horse photos are breathtaking! I love taking pictures whenever I can of this and that. I'm just learning as I go!

Feel free to drop back by anytime! Have a great day!