Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Night











Last night we had a nice night. The munchkin didn't stay up too much past 6:30pm because he was exhausted from going to his grand parents and going to the neighbors. We didn't have any trick or treaters until almost 7pm and then only about 20 came in total.






We did have a visitor of another sort! We had a bat land on the window sill on our front porch! I couldn't believe it! An actual little brown bat! Just as I ran inside to go get the camera, he figured out where he was and flew off again! It was amazing, I've never seen a wild bat up close like that :-) What a great coincidence on Halloween!






The Pictures of my fabulous fake glowing pumpkins was taken with my Canon Rebel XTI 400D and the regular 18-50mm lens. Manual mode, shutter speed 1/50, F5.6, ISO 400



The Picture of my Son in is Dinosaur outfit was taken with my Canon Rebel XTI 400D and the regular 18-50mm lens. F7.1, 1/100 Shutter speed, ISO 400 and on "Normal Program( cause hubby was taking the picture)




16 comments:

~T~ said...

very nice photography

Buttons and Dots Photography said...

What a cutie pie!

What A Card said...

Wow, beautiful pictures!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love your little dino!!

Jeannie

PS....PLEASE ditch the word verification thingy!!

Andrea said...

What a cutie pie dinosaur!!

Lo said...

Great Pictures! So your a cannon person. I'm trying to decide if I'm a cannon or a nikon person. Oh the decisions I have to make before christmas! =)

Kimberly said...

He has to be the cutest dino ever! And the bat on a window sil at Halloween has to mean something good. ;)

Rachel Ann said...

He's a cutie!

I'm going to have to have my sister come visit your blog. She's an equestrian rider and is going to love your pictures!

Tara Bennett said...

Cute little dinosaur! Isn't it every little boy's dream to be a dinosaur - so precious!

I love your horse photos. I grew up with horses and always loved them, but now my special needs daughter does horse therapy. It is amazing to see the miracles the horses do for those special children. Now I have a much deeper love for horses. They are divine creatures indeed.

Jen said...

wow, a bat! How did you not freak out. I would have freaked out.

Abounader Photography said...

Thank you everyone for your comments! :-)

Casey's trio said...

What a cute dinosaur!!

S Club Mama said...

What a sweetie pie! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad we could amuse you and your husband! Just wait until I post the picture of my husband as Snoopy!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Cute dino! I love the picture of the jacks, too.

Bats are so fascinating to me. My neighbors had them in their attic! It was fun to stand outside and watch them fly out. We counted 70+ one night. My neighbors didn't think it was so neat and hired to a team to help the bats find a new home.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Oh and I forgot to say thank you for stopping by!

Cass said...

Beautiful pictures & what a cute dino!! Thanks for stopping by my blog & hope to see you again!