Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Poor, Harassed Kitties...




Before my son came into our lives, we had Fur Children. Our Fur Children are two black cats that we "rescued" from the local humane society shelter. Their names are Sahara and Lill. They are litter mates but they clearly had different dads.


Sahara is a slinky, highly intelligent, highly sensitive, graceful, athletic feline. She has a Siamese like face, and talks like an oriental breed.


Lill is a big, burly, ungraceful, super lovey kitty. She is the exact polar opposite of Sahara.


I love them both very deeply.


Sahara is less afraid of my son than Lill. Lill has a paw that is constantly swollen due to an unknown allergy. If her paw was better she'd probably be more up to the task of dealing with my son. Still, she adores my husband and I and seeks out a lap whenever there is one to be found.


Unfortunately I haven't had as much time as I'd like for the kitties now that munchkin is here and I really feel bad about that. But luckily they are forgiving...


Above is a photo of Lill cleaning herself in the sun in the Laundry room, far away from my son. Black cats are difficult to get good pictures of because the camera views the black as low light. I usually have to go "all manual" to take good pictures of them.
As Always, if you see a photo that you think you'd like a print of, you can probably find it on my website: http://www.abounaderphoto.com If you don't see what you're looking for, drop me an email at heather@abounaderphoto.com and I'll find it for you.

5 comments:

Kalei said...

My poor Kitty "kimo" was also treated as my little kid. When the first child arrived, I feel I neglected him....in actuality I went from treating him like a small child to treating him like a cat.=) I still remember calling a psychic when he went missing before the kids, because I couldn't stand the idea of not using "every" possible resource and now I say "he'll come back when he's hungry". Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hey. Your photography is great!

Jenners said...

Beautiful blog! Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today ... I was in front of you in the SITS check-in. I had a cat that looked just like the one in the photo...brought a smile to my face!

MaricrisG said...

aw! This just made me missed our Cats Norman and Vila who are now in Cat Heaven. Bless them kitties. Cats are just the gentlest.

Tara Bennett said...

I'm not really a cat person, but that picture is a.ma.zing!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the Bday wishes. Allergic to cats myself but that is a cool picture.