Monday, November 10, 2008

Cigar











This weekend was a good weekend for me. It was fairly productive for a bit of house cleaning and laundry and I finished up an almost 2 year project with my miniatures. I didn't get out to photo any more horses though. I'm hoping to do that next weekend at the Fairgrounds.

Everyone seemed to really like the photos of Alysheba from the Kentucky Horsepark. I was SO thrilled to see him in good shape!! I also got a few pictures of that old Campaigner, Cigar. The pictures of him aren't as exciting because cigar has been at the horsepark for a long time now, and he just wasn't very excited about much. It was just another day for him. This is the first time I was able to get a photo of Cigar where he wasn't grazing. I haven't had time to get these up on my website yet so you're "peeping" them first here.

I really should have used a polarizing filter the day I was at the horsepark. I was just too caught up in worrying about munchkin to remember to bring the danged thing! Oh well, live and learn!


I know it's monday but hopefully some of these retired racehorses will help you daydream about your own relaxing retirement. May they be as carefree and may you be as well taken care of. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... beautiful photos!! Beautiful horses!! Your blog is wonderful. I'll definitely be back to visit. :)

~Jill :)

~Jenn ODonnell Danza~ said...

Look at his pooky lip!!! What a gorgeous horse.
I love these shots too!

Unknown said...

Hi, we meet again! I was behind you in the comment line for Jennifer today. I was here the other day but failed to leave a comment, I'm sorry. Your photos are beautiful. My husband is a huge fan of race horses, they are such graceful animals.