Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gypsy Supreme










This is Gypsy Supreme. Gypsy for short. Actually I think his barn name is Del but don't quote me on that. Most horses have their official registered name (if they're purebred and registered with their respective registry) and a "barn" name. A Barn name is kind of like a nickname and it's specific to each horse.




Gypsy has been at the Horsepark for as long as I can remember. He is a gorgeous horse and seems to be very sweet whenever handled.


The last time I attended the daily presentation of the champions in the champions barn, I saw Gypsy do the most wonderful thing. When they were showing the video of one of his wins, and he heard the crowd on the tv, he perked up his ears and stood a little taller and got a little excited. The sound of the crowd turned him into a show horse again for just a moment..


If you go to the Kentucky Horse Park's website you can read the long list of accomplisments by Gypsy. http://www.kyhorsepark.com/kids/sub.php?pageid=3&sectionid=1 He's one of the Greatest Saddlebred Show Horses of all time.



My Pictures of Gypsy aren't that different than most pictures of him. All of the Champions have that "door" with the cross bars on the front of their stalls so that well meaning folks don't accidently get bitten. (not that Gypsy bites, it's just for insurance reasons) I took a photo of Gypsy through the bars because it's so typical of what folks see, day in and day out when they go there.




Gypsy was checkin out Cigar while I was photographing him so I made sure I got a few photos of Gypsy too.


7 comments:

jewelstreet said...

I love that first pic! You really do take some amazing photos.

Susie said...

You do really good work:-) Love the pictures:-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such sweet comments:-)

PurrPrints said...

This really makes me miss having horses to ride and spend time with...they are amazing animals...

Anonymous said...

Ah! I just love those pics! I agree w/ jewelstreet, that first one is amazing!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh... again, so sweet. I love the story of how he stood tall when he heard the cheers of the crowd.
He remembers...
Sometimes your photos bring tears to my eyes. This was one of those times.

Stephanie said...

Your pictures are truly beautiful. But I especially love the non-typical angles you got of Gypsy in these. Oh, if only I could get pics of my horses like that. Keep up the great work, and I'll be checking back in.

silverdot said...

I absolutely love your work. Gypsy is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.