Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby "Gray" Jay


It's a very coold and "blustery" day today in Kentucky. We are getting some rare, early snow showers and it really looks "winter-y" outside. Everything is very gray, and the leaves are all off of the trees now. If the snow would accumulate a bit so that it blanketed everything, that would be ok but the snow isn't sticking. So it's just cold, and wet and icky..


Because of this, I went digging for pictures from the summer. I would much prefer to think about summer things than this cold day.


Above is a photo of a baby Gray Jay in the tree outside our home office window. I was sitting at the desk, pecking away at the keyboard when I noticed that the momma jay was making an awful ruckus in the tree. To this day I don't know why she was so upset but when I looked more closely to investigate, I saw that there was a young Gray Jay in the tree.


Of course I had to whip out the ole camera and get as many pictures as possible.. which is what I did. I didn't get very many good ones but the one above turned out pretty well.


I hope that the day in your neck of the woods is warmer and a bit sunnier than it is here..


As always, if you like any of the pictures you see and would like prints, you can find them at www.abounaderphoto.com or you can email me at heather@abounaderphoto.com and I'll find them for you.

2 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I like the little bird!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love all of your photography. You're pictures are fantastic!