Monday, December 8, 2008

Blue Heron









All last week we had company staying with us so I had to forego posting on ye olde blogs. This week though things are back to "normal".

We survived munchkin's birthday party and he seemed to have a great time with all
of the people who came to celebrate his birthday. I was really surprised how
well he handled all of the noise. Very little phases this kid.. I was
definitely "blessed" when I had this little guy.

I have been SOOO antsy and sorta bummed that I hadn't had time to get out and get any pictures. I wanted to go to Churchill Downs two saturdays ago but we had a "family emergency" that day and I was unable to go.

Luckily, this beautiful guy appeared in my back yard yesterday morning right after sun up. He was very kind in that he posed in the sun for me so that I could get some decent pictures.

I hope everyone has a happy mundey!

6 comments:

silverdot said...

your photography is just gorgeous! made my day!

Unknown said...

great photos! thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi :)! we have great blue herons who come and visit our ponds regularly7... they always remind me of pteradyctals (sp??) taking off! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Those are wonderful pics!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

I left you an award on my Mommatudes Blog! Go check it out!!

MaricrisG said...

my o my! I love this pictures! U are one lucky gal! I have been trying for ages to capture a pix of this Blue Heron that sneaks in the pond to try and eat the fishes, where I work and it always sense me whenever! Crazy! Thanks for sharing these wonderful pix!

Whitney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

What beautiful photography! That must be so rewarding to go out into nature and capture all of those stunning moments!