Friday, December 19, 2008

Subtle Beauty of Winter













I keep hoping that the sun will creep out or that the blue herons, ducks and other critters will creep into my yard, giving me a good photo op. No suck luck unfortunately. It's all been rain with a dab of snow here and there.






I keep hoping that I'll get some sort of spectactular, uplifting picture but unfortuantely in this cloudly light it's just not happening.






So today, while it's warm, it's still raining and the wind is kicking up really hard. I decided to embrace it though instead of fighting it. Above are some of the pictures that I've taken over the last week or so.






Weather like this makes me moody. I considered that if it emtionally talks to me, even while that emotion isn't happy, it will probably move other people and maybe folks will see what I see. Subtle and maybe a tad sad beauty in the middle of winter.



No comments: