Sunday, August 17, 2008

Relaxing Weekend



This weekend there wasn't a big rush to do anything which was nice. I was able to find a horse to photograph and my kitty, Sahara, was nice enough to pose under our new dining room table.


The horse that I photographed "lives" (as far as I know) in a field across from our local post office.


Our local Post office is a nice throwback to the days when everyone knew everyone and there was only ONE person behind the counter there. It's a one window affair that shares it's building with an ebay store. They are open from 8am - 10am on Saturdays and because of the low volume of people, are faster than the "big" post office in town. I really like going there to spend my shipping money because it helps keep the post office open and I like it when my money helps the local economy.


Across the post office is some sort of very old Grave Memorial (hard to read)in a field. In this field also lives the beautiful dappled grey horse above (I *think* he's either arabian or high percentage arabian.. or possibly Welsh pony) I've watched him grey out over the last couple of years. I wish that I had thought to bring my camera sooner to get his other grey stages.


This particular saturday morning, he was nice enough to pop his head out of those feed bins long enough to look at me and walk away. I don't know where the paint horse was. Hopefully he'll be around the next time I bring my camera with me to the post office.


In the second picture, is my kitty Sahara. This morning was a beautiful Sunday morning and the light was perfect while Sahara relaxed under our dining room table. As you can imagine, with a baby that is starting to crawl, any good, high, hiding spaces are heaven to my poor cats!

No comments: