Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy!



I've actually been really busy over the last 10 days! Three horse shows and numerous other things!!


I went to the 2008 Shelbyville Horse Show, the 2008 Ky State Fair Quarter Horse Show (roping portion) and the 2008 KY state Fair Morgan show.


The Shelbyville horse show was just wonderful with my new lens! Although I REALLY wish it was a 70- 300mm 2.8 lens instead of just 200mm. I have two 70-300mm lenses but they are not even in the same League as the 70-200mm cannon 2.8 lens that I have now. They are no where near as crystal clear as it is. I'm definitely spoiled on lenses now. I'm going to have to get really good lenses from now on or I just won't be happy with the image quality. I learned alot about shooting into the sun too. You can do it but not everything will turn out well.


The roping show was great because it taught me about shooting images in Freedom Hall. Freedom hall is so much better lit than the Kentucky Horse Park Arena. It still has it's challenges though. I learned that I need an 800 ISO to get a good enough shutter speed to remotely capture any action. I also learned to not expect to get crisp, stopped action but to work with panning techniques to get moving images instead.
I haven't had the time to go through my Morgan Horse show images just yet so I don't know how I did on those.


I've also entered the "Capture Kentuckiana" photo contest put on by the local newspaper, The Courier Journal


I'm hoping against hope that one of my images will be good enough for the book. It seems like everyone will have at least one Image on the CD which is why I want to be in the book (as usual, I aim high! LOL~!)


Please, out of the kindness of your heart, please vote for my images! If my images don't get votes, they drop out of the random vote pool and then I'll never get anything in the book! unfortunately though, you have to sign up for the website in order to vote. (yes, I think this is lame too but I think this is how they make sure that no one cheats)


Munchkin is now sitting up and crawling and he is into EVERYTHING! This is actually a great sign and I'm so pleased with his curiosity.


I've also been dealing with a touch of post partum depression. I've never been good about going out of the house and over the last three months I've been much worse. I'm seeing a counselor though so I will be much better in the future.


I day dream a lot about taking munchkin places and taking his picture there... Like taking him to the slugger museum or taking him to the park and taking his picture in front of well known Louisville Landmarks... Hopefully I can actually do that soon.. I think it would be adorable for his photo album.

No comments: