Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First Post!




This is a blog about my photography. I also have a miniatures blog here: http://desertnightcreations.blogger.com if you're interested. This blog is here so that I can blather on about photography and not bother my miniatures people with it





Above are photos of dragon flies that I took yesterday. I'm trying to teach myself to be observant and quick with the shutter. I learned that sometimes auto focus just doesn't pick up what you need for it to. These photos were taken on manual focus and manual settings for shutter and f stop.





I am learning a lot about my new camera that I've had for six months, the canon eos rebel xti 400D. I've had point and shoot digital cameras up until now so this is a whole new ball game. I've shot with SLR cameras in the past (canon, pentax and nikon) but this is my first DSLR.





I'm hoping to turn professional within the next year or so..





My main focus is horse photography (Equine photography) because that is my first love. I've been taking pictures of horses since I was 11 years old but that in no way has prepared me for becoming a pro. I am taking an equine photography class online and I'm learning a lot. I hope that I can keep at this until I become good enough to turn pro....

No comments: